Leadership is leadership, according to Major General David Bassett, Program Executive Officer for Ground Combat Systems. In today’s episode, Major General Bassett shares insight to leading and managing high visibility and high dollar programs. He challenges us to understand our role within the organization and recognize that if we have to use our title/position to get what we want we haven’t properly instilled the values of the organization.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Ideas about transitioning roles, especially as they relate to leadership.
- Lessons about working with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders.
- Military misconceptions.
If you promise to overcommunicate, I promise to underreact.
– Major General David Bassett
Ask yourself: How are you going to create a more compelling why?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Major General Bassett’s Book Recommendation: The Fourth Star: Four Generals and the Epic Struggle for the Future of the United States Army by Greg Jaffe and David Cloud
- Follow Major General Bassett on Twitter
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 20 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.