For over 30 years, Arbinger has dedicated themselves to researching and exploring the power of mindset and understanding human motivation. In this episode, Jim Ferrell explains the difference between inward and outward mindset and shares some of their research on how the mindset we choose can ultimately determine our success as leaders. He’ll share resources to help determine your mindset as well as how to manage and lead those who are different from you.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The difference between an inward and outward mindset.
- How your choice of mindset can fundamentally affect your life and your success in life.
- Simple tools to help you assess your (or your team’s) mindset.
- How to manage different mindsets within your team and organization.
What I choose to do is in large part as a result of what I see as possible.
– Jim Ferrell
Ask yourself: In what way do you see your mindset affecting your leadership success?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Jim’s Book Recommendations And There Was Light by Jacques Lusseyran
- Take the Mindset Audit and Arbinger Leadership Assessment.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 20 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.