If you are looking to recruit the best talent for your organization, you need to address the big issues in your organization. Caroline Stokes is the founder of FORWARD, an executive headhunting and executive coaching company and the author of Elephants Before Unicorns: Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies to Save Your Company. She realized that just helping companies hire someone to fill a position was not enough. We need to remember the human element and she helps individuals and organizations adapt through emotional intelligence. Caroline suggests hiring should be thought of as a process, not just an event. She shares with Kevin her thoughts on authenticity about your brand and the importance of real and difficult conversations (not just make an impression) to recruit and retain the people who will make your organization successful.
In this episode, Caroline talks about 1. Recruiters. 2. Employer brand. 3. Fake unicorns.
Ask yourself: What is your onboarding process?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Elephants Before Unicorn by Caroline Stokes
- Lost by Gregory Maguire
- Exposing Lies about Work with Ashley Goodall.
- Building a Peak Performance Organization with Chris McGoff.
- How to Be a Talent Magnet with Mark Miller.
- Connecting Your Company Culture with Your Brand with Denise Lee Yohn.
- The System is the Secret with Jim Butler.
- Learn more about FORWARD.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply