Follow: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio or your favorite podcast player.
We are social beings and our relationships with others are critical to our happiness. That is just one of the ways that Beverly Jones shares on how we can get unstuck and create fulfillment and happiness. She tells Kevin that what works for us as individuals is just as important for leaders. When you manage your happiness, you are more empathetic and better able to motivate your team.
- Beverly Jones offers practical strategies to create joy and meaning at work (or home). They include:
- Making better use of your calendar.
- The importance of networking and what it is and isn’t.
- Learning something new; when you are in learning mode you are more creative.
- The “engagement triangle”: by managing 3 factors you can increase awareness and motivate yourself and team members.
- Name: Beverly Jones
- Her Story: Beverly is the author of Find Your Happy at Work: 50 Ways to Get Unstuck, Move Past Boredom, and Discover Fulfillment. She works with leaders to spark engagement and productivity in their teams and helps professionals to thrive in their careers. She is a Visiting Fellow at the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service at Ohio University.
- Worth Mentioning: Beverly started working at 13 She was a Washington lawyer, and then an energy company executive, before women were always welcome, and learned career and leadership lessons the hard way, a little at a time. She is a born pessimist who learned optimism by trial and error.
This episode is brought to you by…
Future of Work Newsletter, a free weekly e-newsletter. It’s full of articles and resources to help you, your team and your organization be more successful in the ever-changing remote work environment.
- Find Your Happy at Work by Beverly E. Jones
- Finding Comfort During Hard Times: A Guide to Healing after Disaster, Violence, and Other Community Trauma by Earl Johnson
Related Podcast Episodes
- Creating Happiness in the Workplace with Kris Boesch.
- Networking for People Who Hate Networking with Devora Zack.
- Putting Happiness to Work with Eric Karpinski.
- Getting Unstuck with Craig Lemasters.
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Leave a Reply