What do you do when you don’t know what to do? If the past has taught us anything, it is the future is unstable. Further, we like the change we opt into, but struggle with the change we can’t control. April Rinne joins Kevin to discuss why we should focus on preparing for the future, not predicting the future.
- April shares the significance of the word ‘flux’ and her thoughts on a flux mindset.
- Details around the flux superpowers of “trust” and “get lost”.
- The shift from predict to prepare.
- Name: April Rinne
- Her Story: April is the author of Flux: 8 Superpowers for Thriving in Constant Change. She is a change navigator: she helps individuals and organizations rethink and reshape their relationship with change, uncertainty, and a world in flux.
- Worth Mentioning: April is a trusted advisor to organizations ranging from Airbnb, Nike, Intuit, the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, NESTA, Trōv, AnyRoad, and Unsettled, as well as governments spanning Singapore to South Africa, Canada to Colombia, Italy to India.
- Flux: 8 Superpowers for Thriving in Constant Change by April Rinne
- Change Sings: A Children’s Anthem by Amanda Gorman
- Mr. Flux by Kyo Maclear
Related Podcast Episodes
- Helping People Change with Melvin Smith.
- Growing People and Companies Through Change with Stacy Henry.
- Leading in a World of Explosive Change with Henry De Sio, Jr..
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.