Where is your growth coming from? Keith Ferrazzi suggests you don’t need a title, an office, or even a physical workspace to make a difference. However, you need to have a vision and get people behind that vision. Keith is the co-author, with Noel Weyrich, of Leading Without Authority: How the New Power of Co-Elevation Can Break Down Silos, Transform Teams, and Reinvent Collaboration. Keith and Kevin discuss control, authority, and empowerment. Your organizations and teams suffer when we are fighting for resources. To be successful, you need to create an environment where the team lifts each other; co-elevation. And yes, this does take work. However, results come when you stay committed to the mission and committed to the people.
In this episode, Keith shares his thoughts on:
- Definition of a team.
- Decoupling authority and leadership.
- Connecting in a virtual world.
Ask yourself: Are you building relationships?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
This episode is brought to you by…
Unleashing Your Remarkable Potential, Kevin’s free weekly e-newsletter. It’s full of articles and resources to help you become a more confident and successful leader.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Leading Without Authority: How the New Power of Co-Elevation Can Break Down Silos, Transform Teams, and Reinvent Collaboration by Keith Ferrazzi and Noel Weyrich
- The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives (Exponential Technology Series) by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Elevate: Push Beyond Your Limits and Unlock Success in Yourself and Others by Robert Glazer
- Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life by Jim Kwik
- Connect with Keith Ferrazzi:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/