As a leader of a team, you will most likely be asked to solve a problem. Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg found that we often move into solution mode before thinking about whether we are solving the right problem. He and Kevin sit down to talk about problem-solving and more specifically about reframing the problem. During research for his latest book, What’s Your Problem?, Thomas found that 85% of companies said they often struggle to solve the right problems. As a leader, you don’t have weeks or even days to resolve issues, and we need to be quicker solving the right problem first. Thomas shares examples and tips to help master the skill of reframing because to solve some of your toughest problems, you need to change the problem you solve.
In this episode, Thomas discusses 1. The importance of reframing. 2. Ways to reframe. 3. Role of team members in reframing.
Ask yourself: Do you need to focus on the speed of the elevator?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
This episode is brought to you by…
13 Days to Remarkable Leadership, a free leadership video series based on Kevin’s book, Remarkable Leadership.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- What’s Your Problem?: To Solve Your Toughest Problems, Change the Problems You Solve by Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
- Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life by Ozan Varol
- Invisible Solutions: 25 Lenses that Reframe and Help Solve Difficult Business Problems by Stephen M. Shapiro
- The Age of Living Machines: How Biology Will Build the Next Technology Revolution by Susan Hockfield
- Connect with Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/