Less than ½ of organizations say they have a consistent understanding of what strategy is and have a common language for it. Today Kevin and bestselling author on strategy Rich Horwath, most recently of STRATEGYMAN VS. THE ANTI-STRATEGY SQUAD, chat about how leaders can build their team’s strategic capabilities. He believes that many managers are not maximizing the potential in their organization because they are not looking at insights. Everyone can think strategically, and we need to use this power to impact the bottom line.
In this episode, Rich 1. Describes the difference between strategy and strategic thinking. 2. Myths about strategy. 3. How leaders can capture insights.
Ask yourself: How are you spending your time?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Winning Ugly: Mental Warfare in Tennis–Lessons from a Master by Brad Gilbert & Steve Jamison
- Learn more about The Strategic Thinking Institute.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/