Whether you care to admit it, you have struggled. Whether it be school, in a relationship, or professionally. It is these challenges we face and how we overcome them that define who we are and offer perspective. Kevin sits down with Bobby Herrera, co-founder and CEO of the Populus Group and author of The Gift of Struggle: Life-Changing Lessons About Leading. Bobby understands that struggle precedes our transformation. That still does not make the struggle any easier. Bobby and Kevin discuss how we reframe the way we think about struggle and use to help us lead. He shares stories from his leadership journey and challenges us to share our stories (regardless of our level) to give our team the why; to connect. Now you all can figure out the how together.
In this episode, Bobby discusses: 1. Struggle. 2. Getting to the culture you want. 3. Importance of coaches and mentors. 4. A leader’s role in development.
Ask yourself: Are you applying what you learn?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- The Gift of Struggle by Bobby Herrera
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Leading with Joy with Richard Sheridann.
- Mission-Driven Leadership with Mark Bertolini.
- Leading the Dollar General Way with Cal Turner, Jr..
- Leading with Clarity with Brad Deuster.
- Helping People Change with Melvin Smith.
- Learn more about Bobby Herrera.
- Connect with Bobby Herrera on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply