You know who they are. The teammates we turn to in critical minutes. They are clutch and they make an impact. You also know that being impactful doesn’t come with a title. Kevin is joined Liz Wiseman to discuss her research and findings of impact players. She shares the characteristics of top contributors and what they are doing differently than the rest.
- Liz distinguishes impact players and why it is more than just talent and drive.
- She shares the 5 practices of impact players, which include:
- Do the job that’s needed.
- Step up and lead.
- Move things across the finish line.
- Learn and adapt to change.
- Make heavy loads lighter.
- She shares the practice with the most leverage.
- Name: Liz Wiseman
- Her Story: Liz Wiseman is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her latest book is Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact. She is the CEO of the Wiseman Group, a leadership research and development firm.
- Worth Mentioning: Liz has been listed on the Thinkers50 ranking and named one of the top 10 leadership thinkers in the world. She has conducted significant research in the field of leadership and collective intelligence and writes for Harvard Business Review, Fortune, and a variety of other business and leadership journals.
- Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact by Liz Wiseman
- See No Stranger: A Memoir and Manifesto of Revolutionary Love by Valarie Kaur
Related Podcast Episodes
- Skills Leaders Need with Dave Kerpen.
- The Power of Deliberate Practice with Robert Pool.
- Understanding Power with Deborah Gruenfeld.
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.