Relationships. They are critical for our mental health and they are how organizations succeed. Yet, many of us struggle to build solid connections. David Bradford and Carole Robin are the authors of CONNECT: Building Exceptional Relationships with Family, Friends and Colleagues. They join Kevin to discuss the importance of building exceptional relationships or at least moving along the continuum. There is a risk of being vulnerable. Yet, when we show up as ourselves (in an appropriate way), we have more impact. As a leader, we need to recognize feedback is a gift. We need to be willing to ask for, as well as offer help, so we can all behave in our best interest.
In this episode, David and Carole:
- Define exceptional relationships.
- Describe “going over the net.”.
- Share advice in a remote world.
Ask yourself: Why should someone follow you?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
This episode is brought to you by…
Unleashing Your Remarkable Potential, Kevin’s free weekly e-newsletter. It’s full of articles and resources to help you become a more confident and successful leader.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Connect: Building Exceptional Relationships with Family, Friends, and Colleagues by David Bradford and Carole Robin
- Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World by Vivek H. Murthy
- American Dirt: A Novel by Jeanine Cummins
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
- Connect with David Bradford and Carole Robin:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
Follow the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Follow this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/