Most organizations are trying to grow and change, yet don’t build their leadership to grow and change. You need to know what you need to do to make your team successful and that might not be what you did yesterday. Dr. John Hillen is a leadership and strategy professor in the School of Business at George Mason University and the co-author of What Happens Now? Reinvent Yourself as a Leader Before Your Business Outruns You. John and Kevin talk about the importance of not letting the growth of an organization outgrow your leadership skills. Leaders will stall, and the failure is not recognizing that you need to reinvent yourself and reinvest in new skills, behaviors, and mindsets for a changed organization and higher level of performance.
In this episode, Dr. Hillen 1. Defines Sophisticated Leadership and Third Space. 2. Describes the 7 Stalls leaders go through
Ask yourself: How do you push yourself?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World by General Stanley McChrystal with Tantum Collins, David Silverman, Chris Fussell
- Learn more about What Happens Now? Book.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply