What are the traits of a go-to person? You know, the person who gets the job done. Most likely, we all want to be a person who is reliable and great to work with. Bruce Tulgan cautions us though not to confuse go-to with a yes man. Bruce’s latest book is THE ART OF BEING INDISPENSABLE WORK: Win Influence, Beat Overcommitment, and Get the Right Things Done. Kevin and Bruce discuss the importance of showing up and being valuable. When we play the long game and show others how we can help, they will want to reciprocate and help us. However, don’t get caught always saying yes. There are other options to serve needs and provide value. You don’t want to be remembered for the “yes” you didn’t deliver.
In this episode, Bruce shares his thoughts about:
- Over-commitment syndrome.
- Other options to yes and no.
- Coaching others to become go-to people.
Ask yourself: How do you show up?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
This episode is brought to you by…
Unleashing Your Remarkable Potential, Kevin’s free weekly e-newsletter. It’s full of articles and resources to help you become a more confident and successful leader.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- The Art of Being Indispensable at Work: Win Influence, Beat Overcommitment, and Get the Right Things Done by Bruce Tulgan
- About Face: The Odyssey of an American Warrior by Colonel David H. Hackworth, and Julie Sherman
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin
- Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson
- Connect with Bruce Tulgan:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply