There are 10 positive emotions and when you express them, you open your mind to greater learning and better relationships. Scientifically, positive emotion expands our mental capabilities. Lisa Zigarmi is an organizational psychologist and leadership coach working with Fortune 500 companies and author of #Positivity at Work. Lisa and Kevin discuss positive psychology, esp. as it related to leadership. Leaders can create a culture for their people to flourish by simply helping them find meaning in their work as it relates to their team, their division, and the organization. She feels that emotion needs to be legitimized in the workplace and leaders need to make space for people to express emotion. When we forbid feelings, we see only part of the picture. Leaving them out of decision-making, judgment and interaction is not only impossible, but it’s also imprudent. Discrediting feelings in business blocks access to growth, meaning making and sustainable results.
In this episode, Lisa shares: 1. Ways to apply positive psychology. 2. Tips for leadership coaching. 3. Tips for letting go.
Ask yourself: Do you see the universe as friendly?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being by Martin E. P. Seligman
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin E. P. Seligman
- The Four Virtues of a Leader: Navigating the Hero’s Journey Through Risk to Results by Eric Kaufmann
- Learn more about Lisa Zigarmi.
- Follow Lisa Zigarmi on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/