In this world of constant change, leaders are challenged with uncertainty. Brad Deutser recognized the struggle of leading through ambiguity and founded Deutser, a consulting firm that helps organizations and their leaders achieve clarity, and the Deutser Clarity Institute, a think tank, idea accelerator, and learning lab. Brad is also the author of Leading Clarity: The Breakthrough Strategy to Unleash People, Profit and Performance. Brad joins Kevin to discuss expectations, for both leaders and their people. When leaders have clarity and can share, they are able to provide a space for their employees to achieve great results. However, Brad cautions us to look for masqueraders of clarity. We believe things, like policies, help make things clear and really leave gaps in expectations.
In this episode, Brad shares 1. His definition of clarity. 2. Recommendations to overcome misalignment. 3. Masqueraders of clarity.
Ask yourself: Have you created the fundamentals? The expectations?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Leading Clarity: The Breakthrough Strategy to Unleash People, Profit and Performance by Brad Deutser
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein
- Walk The Talk…And Get The Results You Want by Eric Harvey and Al Lucia
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
- They Call Me Coach by John Wooden
- A Future Lens on Leadership with Bob Johansen.
- Lead Like Caesar with Phillip Barlag.
- Learn more about Deutser.
- The Deutser Clarity Institute.
- Connect with Brad on his website or Twitter.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/