The art of a good story. It is interactive and uses words and actions to engage the listener and encourage imagination. Sandy Coletta is the former President of Kent Hospital and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of a Care New England. She joins Kevin to talk about her leadership journey and how it lead to her new book, The Owl Approach to Storytelling: Lead with Your Life. She suggests that we all have roles/positions in our organizations and stories need to come from the heart. Leaders should leaders open themselves up to using their own life stories to enhance employee engagement and achieve organizational goals.
In this episode, learn about:
- Storytelling in leadership.
- How to find the right stories.
Ask yourself: What is your moral?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
- Whack-a-Mole: The Price We Pay For Expecting Perfection by David Marx
- Dave’s Subs: A Novel Story About Workplace Accountability by David Marx
- Learn more about The Owl Approach to Storytelling: Lead with Your Life
- Follow Sandy Coletta on: LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/