Have you ever considered the positive impacts that strong communities create? In today’s episode, I’m joined by Charles Vogl, executive consultant and author of “The Art of Community: 7 Principles for Belonging,” in which we discuss the importance of creating strong communities, how leaders can cultivate their team members through the seven principles of belonging, and how to grow effective, connected and successful communities.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The Seven Principles for Belonging, and how they can positively impact you in leadership.
- The Power of Invitation and its positive impact on both your life and the person receiving the invitation.
- The Rites of Passage, and how they add value to community/team members, whether in the workplace or in daily life.
Be brave with your invitations; they bring people together.
– Charles Vogl
Ask yourself: What steps can you take as a leader which gives your team members recognition and a sense of belonging?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Charles Vogl’s Website
- Check out this book written by Charles: The Art of Community: The 7 Principles of Belonging.
- The book Steve is reading, The Trusted Advisor by David H. Maister.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 20 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Sonia Martinez says
Acknowledge recognition in several ways: at staff and executive meetings, on company web page, newsletter, bulletin board…
Transparency, inclusiveness, respect and listening are key in building trust with your Team.